We have a fantastic contract opportunity to join our market leading client based in Bath City Centre. We are looking for an Infrastructure Engineer who has the ability help shape the future of their department. You will play an active role in supporting and managing issues that are escalated from 1st-2nd line support teams. This will include liaising with 3rd party suppliers and internal stakeholders for both the Platform and local infrastructure.
You will be responsible for the maintenance and development of the infrastructure network, utilising and developing tool sets to automatically manage and provision through code and provide 3rd level support working with multiple on-site and cloud base platform environments. A broad range of technologies are supported including Azure, Virtualisation, Linux and Microsoft solutions.
Essential Skills, experience
- A minimum of three year's experience in a third-line infrastructure role.
- Windows Server and Microsoft stack
- Linux server, preferably Red Hat
- Proven experience in backup technologies and Disaster Recovery.
- Security best practice awareness (ISO quality standards).
- Monitoring systems
- Networking knowledge including LAN/WAN/WLAN technologies covering routing, configuration and fault finding. Preferably Cisco.
- SAN and storage hardware.
- VMWare and Virtualisation deployment, configuration and administration
- Configuration management
- Azure/AWS/GCP cloud technologies
- SQL configuration and design
- Automation and deployment tool