Software Development - Payroll Manager - C#.NET
Development Manager required run a team of software developers working within the specialist development centre of a multinational company to deliver HCM products
The role requires an enthusiastic individual who is self-motivated but works well as a mentor their team to deliver for both internal and external clients.
· Running a team working in the Microsoft technology stack to develop a distributed UK Payroll engine with REST interfaces allowing existing products to call, allowing generation of payroll artefacts.
· Design and develop quality software deliverables according to specifications, and deadlines.
· Help resolve technical problems and resolve client issues.
· Ensure that the application is secure, scalable, standards compliant and usable.
· Liaise with the engineering team to provide support on all environments from R&D through to production.
· Strong background in C# development skills with demonstrable knowledge of S.O.L.I.D principles.
· Good understanding of OO concepts, principles and design patterns.
· A desire for mentoring developers to re-factor code to achieve maintainability objectives.
· Understanding of performance and scalability issues in large scale systems.
· Demonstrable knowledge of Test Driven Development (TDD) and the passion to drive this forward within the business.
· Experience in T-SQL and Microsoft Database projects.
· Exposure to IoC and DI.
· Payroll knowledge or strong mathematical/analytical background.
· Ideally qualified to degree-level
· Experience in working collaboratively with off shore teams
Agile methodologies are used on all project teams. The successful candidate must be happy expressing requirements and documentations using concise methods early in the project life cycle (SharePoint, Wiki entries, etc.)
This role will involve interaction with our overseas teams.
software development manager, head of development, lead developer, development manager