South West England, England
Business Change & Transformation Public Sector
£62692 - £68575 per annum + 26days a/l, flex working, pension,gym
This job may be for you if you really 'get' digital and understand the human aspect of technology. You don't have to be a die-hard 'techie'.
In this role you will:
- be working for a government organisation which is 'up for transformation'
- be working in a brand-new purpose-built building
- be working flexibly with your agile teams
- be empowered to deliver
- be working in what will soon be one of the best places to work in the South West
Working with the CTO and the wider office you are key to helping deliver the future vision of this government agency. Working across the whole organisation we're interested less in your technical skills than your ability to communicate clearly, write well and speak eloquently. Of course, you must understand technology and how it can enable organisations, but you also need to be a top-notch communicator and see the value in working together.
The successful person will work across the whole office in a matrix management approach under a smart working ethos sharing the working space with different teams on a daily basis. You will work with colleagues in the technical operations side of the organisation to ensure that the teams have the right tools and infrastructure through which they can deliver.
Your average day may involve the following:
- Talking to delivery partners in the customer division about a new proof of concept and how to take this forward with one of the embedded agile teams
- Carrying out an organisational wide talk on the benefits of minimum viable products
- Attending a sprint review run by one of the agile development teams
- Taking part in a planning session with the practice leads to determine future resourcing
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing the practice leads across software engineering, enterprise architecture, solutions architecture, business analysis, agile and test engineering
- Enabling the organisation to deliver key outcomes across digital, data and technology as defined by the corporate plan
- Working across the organisation to increase understanding of digital and technology and ensure effective working with standards, methods, tools and governance structures
- Owning the recruitment, training and development of technology and digital skills
- Engaging across wider government, and other relevant sectors
- Advising on and supervising relationships with external stakeholders and third-party suppliers/partners
- Owning the implementation of the agreed technology standards, principles, methods, tools and governance structure.
- A subject matter expert and advisor to the CTO, the Executive Committee
- Deputise for the CTO when required
- Solid understanding of digital and data transformation in government and wider sectors
- Experience of delivering complex, multi-faceted programmes
- Deep understanding of digital and technology
- An evangelist for agile and in-depth experience of working with and leading agile teams (including Continuous Integration, Automated Testing, Continuous Delivery)
- Experience of building, leading and managing successful multi-disciplinary teams (Collaborating and partnering)
- A solid belief in smarter ways of working and a demonstrated ability of working in the open (Leading and Communication)
- Demonstrated evidence of an elevated level of emotional intelligence and behavioural understanding with the ability to bridge the gap between the business and technology teams (Leading and Communication)
- Engagement in relevant networks and experience of talking at conferences and other events (Collaborating and partnering)
- Experience of working in a matrix management structure and experience of the value it can bring (Collaborating and partnering)
If you are interested in discussing please apply online or get in touch for a confidential conversation.