Full Stack Developer, Java, Scala, Python, ML, AI, Newbury
My client are a small software company with a product which using machine learning and AI crawls and indexes the content of large unstructured data stores to make information reportable and searchable.
The product is deployed in large programmes from Cyber Breach and privacy to Cloud Migration. Demand for the product is increasing dramatically in light of European Data Protection Regulation and therefore the pace of change is fast and flexible
They are launching an R&D arm to allow them to rapidly prototype new ideas and capabilities, then validate the demand for them with clients. Successful prototypes will become part of the main product feature set.
It's a small team so you may need to do everything from adding a chart to the UI to researching and implementing a brand new processing pipeline from the ground up.
The Successful Java, Python, Full stack Engineer, Scala engineer will be:
- Working within the small labs team you will be a seasoned full-stack developer, proficient in Java, python and web development, responsible for delivering blue-sky research projects and proofs of concept to a tight deadline.
- You will be a technology generalist with experience allowing you to select the appropriate solution for a given problem.
- You will write modular, informative/well-documented code that can be handed to engineering to turn into a feature or product.
- You will understand the design considerations required to work with large volumes of data (processing million/billions of records per day).
- You will take part in code reviews, pair programming and other schemes to ensure quality standards are met.
- You will occasionally need to meet with clients to discuss your work and solicit feedback.
Skill set Reuired of the Full Stack Software Engineer:
- Technical degree or similar is preferred, however, technical skill is paramount.
- Expert Java and Python or developer with years of enterprise or quality code development under your belt.
- Familiarity with git
- Significant exposure to API design, service development, enterprise development patterns and messaging technologies
- Comfortable in a Linux environment
- Familiarity with automation and build tools (Jenkins/Maven etc.)
- A "can-do" start-up attitude and capability of bootstrapping internal projects and seeing them through to completion
- You like elegant code.
- Familiarity with container-based deployment
software engineer, full stack software engineer, software developer, java, python, scala, newbury, AI, Machine Learning