Role: Front End Developer
Contract Length: 1 year
We are looking for an outstanding Front End Developer, who can make a positive impact, and want to contribute to the most demanding and exciting new digital service.
This is a greenfield project so they are looking for skilled developers who have started from scratch and led teams on recent projects.
About the role:
The programme is to digitise their current processes within an agile environment. Successful candidates will have experience with Java and open source technologies, as well as understanding front and back end development. Experience of Leading teams, mentoring developers and also designing and architecting systems in an integral part of this role.
- Experience building server-side web applications and detailed knowledge of at least one programming language (we use a range of languages including Ruby, Python, Scala, Java, React, Node.js, Docker)
- and/or detailed understanding and experience of front-end web development (HTML/CSS/JS)
- Outstanding ability to develop efficient, highly optimised and clear code
- Understanding of and experience with a range of approaches to testing application code and systems for behaviour and performance
- An ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Experience working on technical projects within a team
- Working knowledge of unix-like operating systems such as Linux and/or Mac OS X
- Knowledge of the Git version control system
- Ability to quickly research and learn new programming tools and techniques
- Understanding of the use of Responsive Web Design
- Deep knowledge of accessibility standards and developing web products that can be used easily by users with a range of assistive technology need
Openness to criticism and ideas. Draws value from collaboration with others. Actively seeks input from colleagues and values a multidisciplinary team over hierarchy.
Strategic thinking and visioning. Able to understand and communicate the big picture and use it to prioritise and judge impact of smaller tasks and objectives.
Creativity/innovation. Generates new and innovative approaches to problems. Isn't bound by the status quo.
Enthusiasm. Exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has a can-do attitude, even under pressure.
Considerate. Enjoys working with and is sensitive to the needs of others. Values a positive working environment.
If you have the relevant experience and would like to hear more, please click and apply.