Day Rate: £450 - £550
We are recruiting for a Senior Engineer to support the EUD Product team within Workplace Technology. The role is responsible for all aspects of End User Devices, Laptops, Desktops, Thin Clients, Mobiles and Tablet Services within public sector organisation. There are some 40,000 End User Devices spread throughout.
The Senior Engineer will support and design the comprehensive high-level architecture, functionality and implementation of the technologies related to End User Devices including Windows and MacOs workstation device management, iOS and Android device management, emerging device deployment and imaging solutions, Application Virtualisation/Streaming and Cloud Technologies (Office 365, GSuite, InTune, etc), in collaboration with other members of the End User Compute workstream.
Working collaboratively with other workstreams and key stakeholders helping to determine business and user requirements for End User Devices, the role shall; This role will work closely with and supervise technical architects and other operational specialists to ensure the efficient running of the organisations End User Device Services.
- Develop technology strategy, future state architecture and a roadmap for End User Device technology solutions.
- Develop, and maintain operational procedures.
- Ability to integrate new products or solutions to meet security, organisational, customer or business objectives.
- Ability to provide technical system solutions, determine overall design direction and provide recommendations for complex technical issues.
- Demonstrable experience designing and building enterprise scale solutions.
- Extensive experience with MacOS and Windows operating systems, management and deployment of applications and third-party products.
- Extensive experience with iOS and Android operating systems, management deployment of apps.
- Have and maintain a strong understanding of emerging End User Compute technologies, including 'Cloud' Services.
- Have a proven track record of leading and delivering large scale EUC transformations.
- Possess a strong troubleshooting mind-set and support incident resolution, where required, for all high priority issues related to End User Devices.
- Have a strong understanding of endpoint security solutions.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key vendors.
- Ability to write and produce technical and operational management documentation, including high-level infrastructure designs, low-level implementation plans and associated operational support documentation.
- Provide Hands-on implementation where appropriate.
- Cost and budget management, including forecasting and tracking.
- Use recognised methodologies - evidence ITIL, Scrum or other recognised process / Project Management (Agile, Prince2) methodology.