Talent International have been engaged by a global industry leader based in the scenic coastal town of Portishead (yes like the band) on the outskirts of Bristol (10 miles to be specific). This organisation has a presence internationally, however there UK offices sit within Aberdeen & Bristol.
I am currently looking for an Embedded Software Engineer to join on a permanent basis working out of Portishead with the skill-set below (or as close as possible to the lists requirements).
Rather than limit the scope to a particular level of experience or skill set, with this vacancy our client have decided to be open to candidates of varying experience levels (junior to senior). As a result we are not going to be specific about the salary on offer.
- Strong core Python skills for development of terminal based applications utilising the following tools and technologies:
- Device interfaces (UART Serial, potentially I2C, SPI)
- Web based networking interfaces - REST, MQTT, Internet of Things (IoT)
- Threading, Multiprocessing and Inter Process Communication
- Unit testing
- C / C++ development in an embedded environment
- Understanding of Network Authentication schemes such as TLA, Certificates, Public Key Encryption
- Configuration of Linux OS infrastructure for headless devices. This is to configure existing services, and to create new ones. Manage remote system updates,
- UNIX shell scripting
- Willingness to propose and apply testing methodologies to production software
- Microsoft Azure technologies such as the Internet of Things (IoT Hub) and Azure Service Bus
- Database entry and Query through SQL
- Managing Mobile Comms (3G/4G) and other Network interfaces in a Linux environment
- Life insurance
- 26 days holiday
- Flexitime. It's a 37.5 hour week, and people can start between 7.30-10am and finish from 3pm onwards
- Breakout area upstairs for Pool or Table Tennis
If you are interested, please send an up to date CV to myself via the link, or give me a call on 0117 332 0810!