You have the chance to shape and influence this once in a decade opportunity.
A unique development opportunity to lead the development of the new website for a high profile national organisation with the new website being at the heart of organisation going forward.
Purpose of the Opportunity
As part of an organised devolution, our client is developing a new website to mark the establishment of this new organisational structure.
Having engaged an external web development agency they need you, an experienced developer to work with them on the handover from the agency development team to in-house management and development.
Focus of the Role
The core focus of the role is to be the lead in-house developer for the new website for the new organisation, until the permanent web management team is in place and able to take on development independently.
Key Areas of Responsibility
The role has three main aspects that the applicant will need to lead on:
- To take over development of the new website from the existing external development agency
- Be the lead developer for launch and beyond launch development.
- To mentor and skill transfer Drupal development skills to the incumbent web management team
- To work closely with representatives from the different business areas
Essential Key Competencies
- Well developed Drupal 8 development skills with an established track record of leading web projects.
- PHP development skills.
- Experience with Acquia development platform.
- Experience with Symfony, bitbucket (or similar) and in particular Atlassian based products.
- Experience of working with external agencies.
- Experience of working with remote team members.
- Good awareness of DevOps including configuration management, Environment Management, Release Management and Automation.
- Able to think creatively, strategically and identify and resolve problems.
- Good people skills to work directly with business areas to understand their needs and to check development progress with them.
You will work hand in hand with the Project Manager, the in-house web managers and the external developers. Strong technical and people skills are called for however this is not a technical desk based only role.
The new site will be launched towards the end of July 2018 as a beta based MVP1 launch. The existing site will remain live until the end of September at which point the new site will have a 'full' launch. We are therefore looking for someone to start as soon as possible.
Location: The role will be based in the Bristol office with regular travel to Edinburgh, London and Peterborough, with some visits to business area representatives across England may be necessary on an ad hoc basis.
Duration: Initially 6 months. This is very likely to be extended for the right applicant.