Our publice sector client is keen to recruit a Lead Software Developer, specialising in Xamarin mobile application development and app store deployment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead on developing software components for National applications and ensuring they are rigorously built and tested in accordance with software industry best practice.
- Guide users and other stakeholders on the most effective way to solve business problems when developing software applications.
- Contribute ideas on how to become more effective during regular team meetings such as Sprint retrospectives.
- Mentor junior colleagues, analysing their strengths and weaknesses and providing advice and guidance to develop their skills and abilities (particularly their technical expertise).
- Routinely solve complex technical and business logic problems, providing for the most part, elegant solutions that make use of suitable software patterns.
- Develop suitable test plans and supporting test data to prove the correct operation of code during unit testing.
- Prepare well written technical documentation to ensure software applications are well understood and maintainable.
As the Lead Software Developer you can evidence having the following skills and experience
- Bachelor's Honours degree in Software Development or equivalent qualifications, knowledge or experience.
- Foundation qualification in an agile development methodology (e.g. the BCS Foundation Agile) or equivalent knowledge or experience.
- Proven experience using an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) to write software code and produce elegant, robust and maintainable software applications.
- Experience of developing iOS and/or Android applications with XAML, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), Xamarin or similar.
- ASP.NET MVC and the latest Microsoft .NET technologies (up to version 4.6).
- Excellent understanding of OOP and software design patterns.
- Entity Framework and LINQ.
- Unit testing frameworks such as MSTest or NUnit.
- SQL, Enterprise RDBMS.
- Mentoring and coaching junior development staff.