The product manager is the resident expert and leads the entire process of creating great products and experiences, starting by defining client problems via user stories, design specifications, feature requirements. This entails not only command of the product details, but how to position a product, based on a deep understanding of the market, where our product fits in, the competition, client decision tree, our advantages and gaps.
- Subject Matter Expert on their lead product and competitive positioning, ultimately responsible to rally x-functional resources
- Commercially adept, can deeply engage clients on solutions and express product concepts orally and visually to varying levels of user sophistication.
- Ability to decompose client problems into key questions and user stories, then convert this context and scope into requirements for scalable solutions.
- Prioritise for delivery on timelines, without sacrificing product quality
- Provide Transparency on product priorities and conflicts to the business
- Coordinate pitch of differentiation, prescriptive use cases, illustrative trade examples, relevant research, structured experimentation and analytics to convey functionality / quantify execution quality (latency, through put, determinism)
- Librarian & Historian of the product documentation and disclosures
Tracking, Measuring, Observing
- Responsible for tracking business metrics, product performance metrics, key client trends & ranks, including penetration and rank trends, measuring execution performance & gleaning insight from the data.
- Responsible for continuous product observation , iteration, experimentation, new feature or version user acceptance.
- With the right tools, test drive the product to find issues proactively, and increase intuition of the client experience.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience dealing with ultra-low latency trading platforms.
- Experience with system architecture and design across both software and hardware (C++, Java, FPGA).
- Understanding of equities exchanges and relevant protocols (MIT, Ouch etc).
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills in both written and verbal mediums.
- Sense of ownership of their platform and ability to work with in a global team
- Experience of dealing with multiple projects at the same time
- Experience of dealing with prioritisation across multiple teams
- Ability to deeply engage clients on solutions and express product concepts orally and visually to varying levels of user sophistication