6 month contract with possibility for extension
Responsible for: Operational management of Linux servers, delivering a complex web application stack; building and configuring new server platforms and the automated tooling to do so; testing, debugging and troubleshooting of platform level problems; and supporting development teams with configuring applications for deployment.
You will have:
- An understanding of common web application architectures.
- Experience in configuring and managing Linux servers for serving a dynamic website.
- Experience in debugging a complex multi-server service.
- Scripting or basic programming skills.
- Familiarity with network protocols - TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL, etc.
- A strong technical foundation in build, release and environments.
- Passion for and ability to design and support robust build, deployment and configuration management systems for multi-tier Java J2EE _ .Net applications.
- installation and management of open source monitoring tools;
- configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef;
- deploying and configuring machines in a Cloud environment (EC2, Google App Engine etc.);
- application deployment strategies and continuous integration;
- Networking concepts, technologies, and protocols (TCP/IP, IPSec, HTTP, FTP, DHCP, and DNS);
- Virtualization systems (VMWare, Xen, etc);
- Operations team experience;
- administering application servers, servlet containers, and web servers (WebSphere, Apache Tomcat, Jetty, Nginx, Mongrel, Microsoft IIS, Apache HTTP server, etc);
- integration tools (Jenkins, Travis CL, Go);