Up to £476 per day
Up to £476 per day
6 month contract
PO are looking for an experience VSTS & JENKINS expert to :-
* Provide advice, guidance and expertise to migrate our build, test and deployment tooling to VSTS with minimal disruption to our staff and help build a pipeline framework.
* Help us automate deployment across, development, test and production environments using Iac and containerisation.
* Help us migrate our current build and deployment pipeline from Jenkins into VSTS
* Configure build pipelines to support automated testing and deployments using tools including VSTS, TFS, Artifactory,
* Drive adoption of continuous delivery best practices
* Write code and scripts to automate provisioning of services and to configure services, using tools and languages including Azure CLI / API, PowerShell, Python, Git, Maven
* Help up skilling and knowledge transfer to our service transition team
* Have a good teamwork ethic to work with IPO staff and onsite suppliers regarding best practices and standard
The ideal candidate for the role should have:-
* Expert level technical competence in VSTS and Jenkins
* Agile software development methodologies (DevOps)
* Expertise and resource to deliver VSTS code, build, test and deploy pipelines in .net, Java.
* Successfully understanding user needs and designing services to support them.
* Experience of collaborative working with existing release, development, test and business teams, including coaching and mentoring, and knowledge sharing.
* Must have strong scripting experience with PowerShell, Python or similar technology
* Experience across a range of technologies and frameworks, including Azure, TFS 2015, Jenkins, Artifactory, C#.NET, Java, VSTS, Git, Mule, Tomcat, DB (MS SQL), Kubernetes, Docker.
* Experience with continuous integration and deployment best practices
* Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization, including management and end users, and along with excellent presentation skills
CI / CD
Nice to Have Skills
Microsoft SQL Server
Agile Software Development