Salary: £50,000 to £65,000 (DOE)
AWS // Azure // Jenkins // Git // Docker // Puppet // Chef // Ansible // BitBucket // Bamboo // Python // NodeJs // Bash // PowerShell // Java // C# // C++ // or similar technologies
If you are passionate about technology, being at the cutting edge of production and know your DevOps tech, this role is very much for you.
Based in the heartland of Worcestershire, you will be using the latest serverless and DevOps approaches to develop solutions for both small internal projects, and very highly available external services.
We love technology, and we have a real passion for development and solving problems. If you have a passion for the cloud and putting your skills to the challenge, then you'll fit right in.
This is primarily a DevOps role, but any software development experience would be helpful.
Role and Responsibilities
The role of DevOps Engineer is to develop and support the cloud operations deployments.
We need you to contribute to early product/solution concepts that include translating requirements into tangible cases.
You will need to be comfortable in working from conception through to working designs, build and ultimately operational support once deployed.
As part of the Centre of Excellence team, your time will be split between interfacing with our customers or partners during project on-boarding and working alongside the internal Development teams and the Solution Architects and assist in training them to become subject matter experts in our cloud platform.
So, what do we actually need from you?
- Creating the designs, initial production and support solutions for cyber security products using the latest appropriate DevOps technologies
- Help support and improve cloud services in production
- Work with customers to enable use of our products and services - Adapting to their needs
- Promote and encourage use of the cloud within the business - With Test, Dev & Architect teams
- A willingness to learn new technologies - Tech is always adapting and changing
- Requirement for some remunerated out of hours operational support
- Attend relevant cloud-based seminars / training events - Great learning opportunities
Technical Skills and Experiences
- History of working with cloud products - AWS or Azure
- DevOps tech: Jenkins, Git, Docker, Puppet, Chef, Ansible or similar
- Scripting: Python, NodeJs, Bash, Powershell or similar
- Some experience of software development would be fantastic - Java, C#, C++ etc
- Ability to communicate technical solutions
- Experience of running services in production
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal