DevOps Engineer - Azure
Length: 3-6 months
Salary: £500 - £600pd
Purpose of the role:
Leading the development of technology environments within the transformation of Unity's digital services and solutions.
Designing the architecture and deployment, implementation and ongoing support / enhancement of Unity's technology environments.
Leading implementation of Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) of pipeline technologies within the development strategy.
Supporting the development team by automating other areas such as the creation of different environment types.
- Automate CI and CD pipelines and share your knowledge throughout the team.
- Identify, create and/or implement processes or products to support and manage.
- Architect, develop and implement new cloud-based environments.
- Understand deployment scripts, debug where required and perform analysis.
- Understand the technology selection process and contribute to the decisions of the right time, balancing cost, benefit and risk in decision making.
- Review solutions and ensure that they have been designed to scale and optimised.
- Architect, develop, implement and support new cloud-based environments to support Unity's Technology strategy
- Collaborate with the development and technology teams to understand infrastructure requirements
- Lead efforts to automate CI and CD pipelines, sharing knowledge throughout the technology teams
- Perform the technical elements of Unity's software releases when necessary, working closely with the technology teams and business stakeholders
- Help to identify, create and/or implement processes or products to assist in, support and manage releases
- Set up and manage monitoring of server and application environments
- Understand deployment scripts, debug where required and perform log analysis
- Mentor and assist developers, technical employees and other stakeholders where required
- Contribute to the technology selection process and make sure we use the right technology at the right time, balancing cost, benefit and risk in decision making
- Review solutions and ensure that they have been designed to scale, are secure and make best use of our environments
Technical experience of:
o building CI pipelines for at least one of LAMP, iOS or Android stacks using a common platform e.g. Jenkins
o building and supporting platforms in public cloud services, preferably Azure (AWS experience a plus)
o building automated testing infrastructure and tools
- Extensive systems administration of LAMP environments
- Configuration and patch management with tools such as Puppet, Spacewalk or Chef
- Building Continuous Delivery solutions using a common platform e.g. Go
- Scripting in a common language such as Bash, PHP or Python
- Source control tools such as Git / Github / Bitbucket
- Administration of and writing basic queries for common SQL platforms
- Good technical understanding of web services, APIs and microservices architecture
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking concepts and major protocols
- Implementation of redundant/high availability solutions
- Good understanding of the full software delivery life-cycle using Scrum
- Experience of working within regulatory environments /Financial Services
Good experience of:
o Cloud services - Azure (any AWS experience a positive)
o NoSQL technologies / other database technologies
o Service Orchestration