Location: Birmingham Centre
Designing the architecture and digital platforms within the company's technology environment.
Leading implementation of Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) of technologies within the development life cycle strategy.
Working closely with the Development team to assist in automating the processes accordingly.
- Architect, develop, implement and support new cloud-based environments to support the Technology
- Collaborate with the development and technology teams to understand infrastructure requirements.
- Lead efforts to automate CI and CD pipelines, sharing knowledge throughout the technology teams.
- Perform the technical elements of the software releases when necessary, working closely with the technology teams and business
- Help to identify, create and/or implement processes or products to assist in, support and manage
- Set up and manage monitoring of server and application
- Understand deployment scripts, debug where required and perform log
- Mentor and assist developers, technical employees and other stakeholders where
- Contribute to the technology selection process and make sure we use the right technology at the right time, balancing cost, benefit and risk in decision
- Review solutions and ensure that they have been designed to scale, are secure and make best use of our environments
- Energetic,passionate, pragmatic with an innovation
- Excellent communication
- Ability to motivate others and provide a positive and inclusive
- Good self-management and organisational
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and
- The ability to work to tight deadlines while choosing the appropriate level of automation for the type of project/environment.
- Demonstrable attention to
- Demonstrates our core values and
- Knowledge of latest industry
Technical experience of:
- building CI pipelines for at least one of LAMP, iOS or Android stacks using a common platform g. Jenkins.
- building and supporting platforms in public cloud services, preferably Azure (AWS experience a plus).
- building automated testing infrastructure and
- Extensive systems administration of LAMP
- Configuration and patch management with tools such as Puppet, Spacewalk or
- Building Continuous Delivery solutions using a common platform g. Go.
- Scripting in a common language such as Bash, PHP or
- Source control tools such as Git / Github /
- Administration of and writing basic queries for common SQL
- Good technical understanding of web services, APIs and microservices
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking concepts and major
- Implementation of redundant/high availability
- Good understanding of the full software delivery life-cycle using
- Experience of working within regulatory environments /Financial
Good experience of:
- Cloud services - Azure (any AWS experience a positive)
- NoSQLtechnologies / other database technologies
Location: Birmingham Centre