Our client based in Newbury is looking for a motivated DevOps engineer who is interested in enabling the advancement of information discovery platforms powered by Big Data tech.
You'll be working within an agile engineering team which will involve automating as much as possible the deployment of the application, in both appliance and cloud environments.
A part of this role is also responding to internal and external requests, for infrastructure and software support.
- Minimum of 2 year's professional experience in using Linux, ideally CentOS/RedHat
- Comfortable with Bash scripting
- Comfortable with virtualisation and containers
- Attention to detail and reliability
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- University degree in software engineering, computer science, a related discipline or appropriate industry experience
- Experience with Azure, or similar public/private cloud
- Experience with Puppet, or similar configuration management tool
- Experience with networking: DHCP, DNS, VPN, etc.
- Experience with Jenkins, or similar, and with CI/CD pipelines in general
- Experience with Elasticsearch, HBase, PostgresQL