We have a great contract opportunity for an experienced Deployment Engineer to join our client who are based in the centre of Bath. We are looking for someone who has a proven track record of deploying and validating complex wireless systems on customer premises around the world. This will include customer trials, pilots and commercial deployments of small and large scale Edge Computing systems and applications. The role also requires knowledge and experience of technical support for complex wireless solutions
You will work closely with installation contractors, customers and development Engineering teams to ensure the system is installed and functions as required, resulting in a quality installation and high customer satisfaction. The candidate will work closely with development and systems Engineering teams to fix customer issues and provide technical support to achieve high customer satisfaction.
- Degree level qualification in relevant subject
- Minimum 3 years' experience in the deployment and installation of wireless and networking products
- Experience of Wi-Fi or Cellular communications
- Flexibility to travel worldwide for up to 1 week at a time
- Experience of configuring and troubleshooting complex wireless and networking solutions
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A team player but also able to work independently using your initiative.
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Have excellent time management and the ability to work to deadlines.
- Experience in using Linux on embedded systems Desirable:
- Knowledge and experience in deployment of wireless products such as Wi-Fi, Cellular, Bluetooth, 802.15.4
- A positive attitude towards change and ability to adapt.
- Ability to handle customer situations with empathy and ownership
- Able to think critically and logically under pressure to resolve technical issues
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Responsible for the oversite of the deployment our Edge computing platform and applications on customer premises, delivering a quality installation.
- Liaising with installation sub-contractors to install the system on customer premises.
- Providing a fully functional solution to our clients providing support and debug where required.
- On-site pre-installation surveys, oversight during installation, verification of the final solution and on-going customer support.
- Generation of project plans to ensure installation and commissioning is carried out in a timely manor and delivered to timescales.
- Provide consistent updates throughout the installation process to clients, project managers and senior management. This includes identifying potential roadblocks, risks as well as solutions to mitigate these issues.
- Responsibility for documenting client configuration information during each deployment.
- Writing and Executing and documenting KPI test plans
- Respond to and work to resolve our customer's questions and technical problems
- Provide on-site customer support as required
- Absolute commitment to customer service and a "can-do" attitude