Minimum Requirement: Agile working
Semi agile development programmes
The Enterprise Performance Framework (EPF) project team oversees both the design and the implementation of a reformed performance framework. The design of the framework has progressed sufficiently for the project to move into the build and implement phase and start to deliver some of the newly defined KPIs and metrics to the organisation. The current team has a diverse mix of specialisms, and so collaborative working for this role will include members of the User Experience team, data analysts, project managers and performance framework Subject Matter Experts (SMEs).
The data scientist will be working within a multi-disciplinary team focussing on the development of innovative products to complement the Enterprise Performance Framework. This role will work with other data-scientists, data-engineers and analysts in the Analysis & Performance (A&P) division using R Studio, Python, Power BI and SQL.
The key purpose of the role is to
* Analyse business processes and operations through data to understand performance issues. Then give recommendations for solutions that will drive improvement.
* Develop innovative data tools, dashboards and analysis in R Studio (principally R Shiny) and Power BI, developing accompanying narrative in R Markdown.
* Undertake the data-engineering activity needed to support these innovative products, which may include automating APIs, Developing SQL scripts, data-modelling on both Oracle databases and Azure/AWS cloud-based platforms.
* Support the development and dissemination of best practise in reporting and visualising different types of quantitative information, include spatial data to ensure key features of the data are well communicated
* Develop data solutions using agile methodology and modern tools and platforms. This includes SQL, Power BI, ArcGIS, R Studio, GitHub, Trello, Python, Azure data services and AWS data-science platform
Key skills and experience:
* Knowledge and experience of: data preparation, exploration and visualization; data interrogation and analysis; application of statistical and/or data-modelling methodologies; presentation of results using good visualisations.
* Knowledge and experience of using: modern tools for analysis and visualization, particularly: R Studio, Python, Power BI and SQL; and modern communication channels (communities, networks, webinars, etc) to solve day-to-day technical issues (desirable).
* Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, managing own time and priorities as required.
* Ability to identify areas of improvement and create innovative approaches to delivering better quality services and products
* Ability to work confidently with a diverse group of stakeholders and challenge established business processes and working practices
* Ability to develop domain expertise quickly
* Experience of working within agile, waterfall and hybrid/semi agile development programmes
* Working with and leading SMEs to capture requirements and deliver other products against tight deadlines
* Strong technical background to be able to pick up new technologies and internal systems quickly.