Data Engineer / Python / SQL / London / Start-up
Short-term contract opportunity! Looking for candidates who are immediately available for a contract role in Central London for negotiable salary.
As a data engineer you'll be tackling a whole array of problems, such as designing end-to-end data pipelines, collecting and cleaning unstructured data sets, and deploying analytical models. As part of the engineering team, you'll all be working closely to ensure that the different solutions are efficiently integrated.
- Build pipelines to collect, clean and store data from multiple internal and external sources.
- Integrate data collection, cleaning and aggregation tools with our natural language processing models.
- Design representations of nodes in the graph database, ensuring these representations.
- Ensure our database is synchronized with dozens of external sources.
- Capture the breadth of metadata about nodes.
- Discover and add new data sources to the database.
- Work alongside a team of researchers and data scientists to derive insights from the company's knowledge graph.
- Build queries and APIs to help ensure easy access to the graph by both our clients and research team.
- Deploy Pipelines to the cloud for public access.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Strong background in Software Engineering combined with a good understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Can provide evidence of experience building software projects: Github, etc.
- Experienced with relational and non-relational databases.
- Flexible and able to adapt to changes in task priority.
- Proficiency in Python programming and typical libraries, Numpy, Pandas, Scipy, etc.
- Strong understanding of SQL
- Experience working with Apache Spark, Hadoop, NoSQL databases.
- Comfortable working on cloud platform (AWS)
- Bsc or Master's in relevant field
- Strong understanding of Java / Scala
- Proficiency with MySQL
- Exposure to Neo4j graph platform
- PhD in relevant field.
- Previous experience working in Scrum work environment.