I'm currently seeking a Data Engineer to work for a Public-Sector client in the Central London area. This opportunity is to be help build and be part of a ground breaking Big Data Migration project.
We are looking for a Big Data Engineer to join our growing Engineering team for an initial 6-month contract. You will be coming on board at a critical time to help drive the expansion of big data technologies and grow their reach within the organisation. Inputs from engineers is highly valued here: for the right individual, it is a great opportunity to really help shape the infrastructure of a leading Public-Sector client, drive the adoption of big data technologies, build systems of high quality, with a focus on scalability, resiliency, security and automation.
The team covers a breadth of project work and is tasked with developing elegant solutions to challenging problems. The team plays a focal role within the organisation, and on a daily basis you would be interacting with systems/infrastructure teams, developer teams, quantitative analysts, as well as external third parties.
The role will centre on projects to evaluate and implement new big data frameworks and tools, as well as maintain and expand existing ones.
- Strong programming experience with Python (must have).
- Strong Spark/PySpark experience is a must (must have).
- Experience on Hadoop or AWS S3 file systems (must have).
- Previous experience with Map Reduce (must have).
- Experience with AWS (Good to have)
- Understanding of different Data Architectures (Dimensional Modelling, Denormalisation, SCD Type-1, Type-2 etc) (Preferred)
This role has been deemed OUTSIDE of IR35.
If you are looking for your next challenging and rewarding opportunity to grow and expand your skills within a highly adaptable and fantastic organisation, please get in touch today!