Talent international have a exciting opportunity for a Data Architect to come on board and help change the shape of our clients business. Our client is forever pushing the boundaries off technology and looking to improve on their already Industry leading business Based in the Heart of Birmingham city centre.
As the Data Architect you will be responsible for defining the future strategic data architecture for the business, defining the architectural building blocks, portfolio/sequence of change, governance measures and structures to deliver. They will also lead multi-skilled agile teams to design and deliver contemporary data solutions that deliver insight and drive performance. They are quality-driven pragmatists, that are able to balance trade-offs to successfully deliver solutions that meet the business need. They will be viewed as an authority figure for data technology solutions, providing strong technical and thought leadership, both internally and externally, and act as a key point of governance.
Paying £55,000 - £65,000 PA depending on experience.+ 15% Bonus
- Strong Data & Information architecture background at a both strategic and practical hands on level.
- Able to work cross functionally to determine reference data architecture and define portfolio of change (technology & business) needed to implement.
- Experience of designing, building and productionising modern data-intensive applications
- Strong technical design expertise, competent in security, accuracy, performance, resilience and availability across heterogeneous architectures.
- Broad knowledgeable of the full spectrum of data technologies (data ingestion, transformation, storage, presentation, consumption, data telemetry) being able to integrate these into successful solutions
- Experience of deploying a range of data persistence technologies (file system, object, document, key-value, search, RDBMS, graph)
- Comfortable with traditional and contemporary data warehousing concepts
- Experience of deploying data IaaS and PaaS services from AWS, Microsoft or Google
- Track record of providing technical leadership within data projects including assurance, mentoring and defining standards; able to lead estimation and technical planning activities.
- Excellent client engagement skills with both technical and non-technical stakeholders - able to provide thought leadership to clients and the wider industry and to inspire internal staff.
- A self-starter able to work with a high degree of uncertainty