We are looking for an experienced quantitative analyst with background in analysing large datasets to gain new insight, develop cost and impact models, and ideally some understanding of different forecasting techniques.
This is a really interesting programme of work - working with a central Government Department, to help improve the service they offer to citizens.
We need a confident Excel user - ideally with some experience in SAS or SQL to analyse large datasets. They needs to have experience in analytical quality assurance processes (i.e. model validation and verification) to make sure output is robust and fit-for-purpose with a solid understanding of sources of uncertainty and error.
And finally, they need to work with non-technical customers to structure analytical problems and map out analytical requirements and confident in presenting analysis back to non-technical senior managers - in an agile environment
- Ensure both the financial stability and the operational performance and outcomes of the organisation by understanding and improving the current service
- Planning the design of the future model to drive improved service.
- Developing and using the data infrastructure for analysis of business and security data.
Day to day activities include:
- Collaborating with business analysts and stakeholders to understand how available data can be used to drive efficiency; Working with the user experience team to gain insight into user behaviour;
- Working with representatives from policy to understand how policy decisions are driving behaviour.
Looking for experience of:
- Working with technical and business stakeholders, analysis and presentation; data development lifecycle;
- ETL techniques and tooling;
- Data management experience;
- Very strong SQL skills;
- Application of statistical modelling, trend identification, smoothing and regression;
- Visualisation techniques using appropriate tools (R, SAS, pandas, matlab, mathematica etc.);
- Managing automated and manual data workflows - job scheduling, resource management.
Is this you? If so please do submit your CV today, I look forward to talking you through the role in more detail.
Data Analyst / Intelligence analyst / Quantitative Analyst / Excel / SAS / SQL / ETL / R / Agile statistical modelling / trend identification / data workflows / datasets