- Become part of a unique digital consultancy bringing together design, data science and software engineering professionals to deliver new products for customers throughout the UK.
- Work with customers employing Agile and Lean principals to support decision making, build understanding and ultimately deliver the right service to users.
- Diverse range of in-house capabilities means that no two projects will be the same.
This consultancy are passionate about delivery and curious about new innovations in digital, their teams seek to fail fast to accelerate learning making experimentation safe. As communities, they are sociable and encourage learning, using regular internal events, meet-ups and external events to engage with new ideas at all levels.
A day in the life of a Creative Director will include:
- Work on improving creative processes - they have successfully integrated creative processes within Agile delivery methods but recognise they still do more to improve this and will be looking for your input.
- Lead, motivate and take people on the journey.
- Provide the conceptual creative direction for projects by means of conceiving and expressing (both in written and diagrammatic form) robust creative strategy.
- Have awareness of all work you are creatively responsible for.
- Assertively troubleshoot and resolve complex problems that may arise.
- Be an experienced contributor with project leadership responsibility.
- Demonstrate excellent presentation skills with the ability to guide the client through the complexities of creative conceptualising, production and delivery.
- Work with delivery managers on the prioritisation of work and resources.
- Ability to work quickly, accurately and under pressure.
- Ability to decipher a project remit if it is unclear.
- Work effectively with others to deliver high quality work - creative does not happen in a vacuum and a modern digital creative appreciates this fully.
- Help develop innovative ideas and concepts.
- Work with the Sales and Marketing teams on a variety of pitches and marketing initiatives.
- Work with clients to understand business challenges, spot opportunities, run workshops and apply design thinking and creativity it to solve business challenges.
- Contribute to the development of their Communities of Practice. CoP are there to promote learning, growth, comradeship and innovative thinking within our various disciplines.
- Be up to date with relevant industry and sector creative and digital trends and their implications for our work in developing our current position on best practice. Share this knowledge to your peers.
- Be a passionate brand advocate: You will be asked to attend events and speak about the company ethos or your area of specialism. They hold a number of our own events as well as regularly speaking at external events.
- Be involved in all aspects of design including concept generation, graphic, UI and interaction design, brand strategy and communication, motion design, copywriting and content strategy.
- Be involved in all aspects of user experience design including usability testing, user research, sketching, wireframes, I.A and flows.
- Have a user centric approach to your work.
There are some fundamental principals to the way that my client deliver. Whilst they are pragmatic in their approach to any specific project they have a certain set of values they apply to every project. They are;
Agile methods have always emphasised the merit of teams with all the skills necessary to delivery on user's needs. To work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team it helps to be genuinely interested in the work of those in other roles. Flexibility to pick up slack across other areas of capability as well as expertise and specialization is highly valued here.
Diverse groups working together come to better solutions. In user testing this approach builds empathy in the team. In design they collaborate to test ideas and develop alternatives. As a team they work together to improve their approach.
This applies to product development as it applies to individuals. Projects here are designed to engage with uncertainty creating opportunities to learn. They use experiments, prototypes and hypotheses to learn about user behaviour, design algorithms and select technologies. Their communities of practice provide a space for them to improve and learn from peers. While as individuals a personal training budget enables opportunity to grow and develop.
When driving projects a focus on outcomes is key. Knowing how a project will be deemed a success by users and customers enables creativity and innovation.
In return for your talents you'll have the opportunity to immerse yourself within an exciting variety of clients and projects, providing exposure to challenges and possibilities that will enable you to progress your career. You'll be an integral part of sociable team who encourage learning, using regular internal events, meet-ups and external events to engage with new ideas at all levels. You'll also receive an attractive benefits package including 25 days annual leave, flexible working hours, remote working opportunities, pension, healthcare and more.
If you have the desired skills and experience and would like to learn more about the role, please send your CV and portfolio and I will call you discuss the opportunity in the strictest of confidence, please note we are also required to check references prior to an offer taking place.