We are currently looking for a Technical Architect who must be hands on. The Architect will work to move legacy systems onto a new Greenfield service which will be API driven. You will work with Product Owners to produce a roadmap to look at short and long term solutions
About the role: Successful candidates will have experience with Java and open source technologies and working within a pure agile environment, as well as understanding front and back end development. Experience of Leading teams, mentoring developers and also designing and architecting systems in an integral part of this role.
- Experience building server-side web applications and detailed knowledge of at least one programming language (we use a range of languages including Ruby, Python, Scala, Java, Play, React, Node.js, Docker)
- and/or detailed understanding and experience of front-end web development (HTML/CSS/JS)
- Outstanding ability to develop efficient, highly optimised and clear code
- Understanding of and experience with a range of approaches to testing application code and systems for behaviour and performance
- An ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Experience working on technical projects within a team
- Working knowledge of unix-like operating systems such as Linux and/or Mac OS X
- Knowledge of the git version control system
If you are interested in this great new project and have the necessary skills and experience, please send your cv today.
Technical Architect / building server-side web applications / Ruby, Python, Scala, Java, Play, React, Node.js, Docker / Java / open source / front-end web development HTML / CSS / JS / GIT / Linux / Mac OS X
Candidates MUST be either SC Cleared or SC clearable
This role is based in Birmingham, but roles are also available in Sheffield