We are currently looking for a Senior User Researcher to join our client based in central London, on an initial 6-12 month contract, working in one of the best agile and working environments.
Projects will be in various phases - Discovery to Live and will command the successful candidate to take ownership of using the right methods of data collection that are suitable to the requirement and nature of the project.
- Planning, designing and preparing a range of user research activities to support the design, development and continuous improvement of complex services.
- Carrying out a wide range of user research activities from recruiting participants, preparing discussion guides and moderating research sessions.
- Leading colleagues to analyse research data and synthesise clear and actionable findings, including working closely with analytics colleagues to create a rich picture of user behaviour.
- Communicating user research findings to help the team and wider organisation develop a deep understanding of users and their needs.
- Working closely with product managers, designers and developers to turn user research findings into stories and actions that lead to valuable product and service features.
- Aligning user research activities with wider plans to inform service propositions
- Contributing to the wider user research community - including presenting at meetups, writing blog posts and leading on aspects of practice.
Skills and experience required
- Senior / Lead User Researcher
- Government, agency and consultancy experience
- Good client facing skills and experience (Good with senior stakeholders and people new to agile)
- Comfortable at the discovery and alpha end of the product lifecycle
- Comfortable with policy, service design and strategy - as well as digital products
- Great at developing actionable insights and working with service designers
- Flexible research approaches
- Good practical skills and running workshops
- Able to mentor, coach junior researchers
We're looking for someone who is a relaxed and calm under pressure
And likes working and researching as a team.