Contract PHP Developer, Bristol
My client, a leading media company based in Bristol require a PHP developer for a 6 month initial contract.
It's to work in an exciting agile team in with a great opportunity for a longer-term contract if desired.
The client would ideally like someone on-site 5 days a week however may consider someone who requires 1-2 days remote working.
You will be working on a fintech Platform.
You will work as part of an agile team delivering solutions to meet a fast-moving industry. You will be based in the Bristol office.
- PHP, JS, CSS.
- Frameworks - Bootstrap/Jquery
- Docker - Development containers standardised across the team to match systems in production.
- Choice of IDE between PHP Storm, Atom, Subline Text and Eclipse.
- SQL - Particularly MySQL/MariaDB.
- Others - Encryption at the app, db and os layers, GIT, Jira, Sentry, Jenkins and more.
Required skills and experience:
- Great communication and being able to fit into a highly motivated team.
- Experience developing PHP applications/sites, non-framework specific.
- Experience with front end (JS/CSS).
Exposure to one or more of the following areas:
- Performance Testing
- Security Testing
- Database design / Index Optimisation
- Threat Modelling
- Using RESTful APIs
Beneficial skills and experience: