Internal Communications Manager (Digital Design and Content)
We are looking for someone with a flair for innovative communications.
Someone who is a talented, motivated, collaborative and creative communications professional who is keen to lead the team in developing internal communications and to support the organisation to articulate their vision, support their leadership team and respond to the needs of staff.
The corporate communications team provides advice on communications plans for all areas of work; from major change programmes and behaviour change campaigns to effectively sharing important email for the day-to-day lives of staff.
They make sure the intranet is packed with engaging content, design and arrange events, produce weekly updates, storyboard and manage filming of corporate videos, maintain rolling news screens for offices across the department and advise all levels of staff on internal communications. The role is varied and challenging, so a capacity for adaptable working and producing high quality work to tight deadlines is vital.
You'll have a flexible approach, a can-do attitude and excellent relationship management skills. You'll be a pro-active, talented and motivated communications professional who has a passion for producing quality communications materials.
The post holder will:
- Play a key role in ensuring the internal communications team is effective and innovative.
- Design engaging content to be delivered through a variety of channels, including Print and Digital
- Have basic design and layout skills
- Contribute to outstanding content for our internal channels -including the staff intranet, TV screens, weekly email newsletters.
- Provide guidance to internal clients on the manner in which messages and key themes are communicated to ensure consistency, clarity and impact.
- Advise major change programme leads on internal communications strategy and work with communications colleagues on announcements, articles and briefs.
- Have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of communication processes and deliver ongoing improvement.
- Work collaboratively to build effective relationships with key stakeholders in the department and in partner organisations.
Personal qualities and skills required:
- Highly proficient in Indesign (or any other graphic based design software)
- Strong planning, organisational and people skills, including delivering communication products to deadlines.
- Experience in developing and delivering effective communications strategies and plans.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities and changing deadlines.
- Strong relationship management skills, effective at negotiating and influencing at a senior level.
- Good knowledge of the communications landscape, and the role of digital communication in internal communication.
- Understand and be an advocate for the principles of staff engagement, or wish to develop experience in this area.
Nice to have skills:
- Animation skill would be an added bonus
If you have all of the above skills and experience, and would like to find out more about joining this brilliant Communications Team - send your CV today.