Can you implement the efficient and effective design of our Systems Applications for one of the UK's largest policing areas, delivering intelligence led policing?
Then this maybe the role for you.
Warwickshire Police and West Mercia Police are seeking exceptional individuals, with a proven background in technical transformation at scale, who can deliver the upgrade that the two forces need.
As the Business Systems Architect you are responsible for the efficient and effective design of any new Service Applications to ensure they meet the needs of Warwickshire Police and West Mercia Police customers.
The role is part of the Technical Architecture Practice e.g. to identify impacts on any new proposed applications also helping to improve current user service experience. This role collaborates closely with Solutions Delivery Team and any development resources, being the key stakeholder in an effective enterprise design practice.
- Be responsible for the business systems architecture during the planning, design, development and documentation of technical solutions
- Undertake the role of applications subject matter expert for change and provide technical support assurance and guidance in designated area
- Ensure that the business systems architecture meets all the relevant industry/national/legislative/compliance standards
- Create a culture of perpetual challenge and continuous improvement in the delivery of internal and 3rd party services
- Be commercially astute on application design, perpetually focused on the 'service vs cost' balance and take personal ownership
You can confidently demonstrate significant experience of architecting applications in a similar large complex multi-faceted organisation applying architectural tools and methods using industry best practice.
What marks you out however is your ability to think strategically whilst having a strong focus on ICT technologies and operational service delivery.
Educated to degree level (Level 6 in an IT related discipline) and/or certification in ITIL, TOGAF/COBIT, Prince2, or an equivalent framework with strong knowledge of full Application Lifecycle and Application Service Library (ASL).
Substantial knowledge of ISO standards such as ISO 25000 (Service Mgt), ISO 31000 (Risk Mgt) , ISO 22301 / BS 25999 (Business Continuity) as well as managing enterprise IT software applications and software-based services.
Effective interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal are a given.
How to apply:
If you would like to discuss further, then please visit our dedicated microsite to understand more about the challenge and the opportunities that await.