Scala Developer, Big Data Developer, Python Developer, Newbury
My client are are looking for someone to join their Engineering team to deliver amazing Machine Learning (ML) capabilities in their platform that helps customers find and understand data at a massive scale.
Reporting to the Head of Engineering, your responsibility will be to understand our customer's ML requirements, suggest new ML features for our roadmap and lead the prototyping and development of these features.
- Working with both customers and the engineering team to figure out where ML can play a part in our platform and leading the rapid prototyping of delivery of these features
- Implementation of ML features within our product to a production-quality standard
- Identifying aspects of our existing platform that could benefit from some ML magic
- Occasionally delivering training to our customers and partners where required
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest news and algorithms in the ML world
- Work closely with our UI/UX engineers to ensure that our ML technology is easily accessible and understandable to end users of our application
- Technical degree/similar
- Machine learning experience
- Experience implementing complex features in a product with hands-on coding skills
- Knowledge of at least one programming language (Python, Scala or similar)
- Comfortable in a linux environment
- A "Can-do" startup aptitude
- Interested in learning about cutting-edge Big Data technologies
- Excellent communicator - you should be able to explain complicated technical processes to a non-technical audience
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with large scale databases or big data stores
- Familiarity with NLP
- Experience with Java development
- Experience with Python development
- Data mining/Data set generation
- Spark/HBase/Elasticsearch experience
- Familiarity with standard development tools (source control etc.)
My client are a rapidly growing software company with a product which crawls and indexes the content of large unstructured data stores to make information reportable and searchable. The product is deployed in large programmes from Cyber Breach and privacy to Cloud Migration.
Demand for the product is increasing dramatically in light of European Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and therefore the pace of change is fast and flexible.
The Culture at Exonar:
- Regular company BBQ's and social events
- Fortnightly hackathons
- Espresso Machine/Beer Fridge/Soft drinks
- Small office on the side of the canal in picturesque Newbury Y
- our choice of hardware