BI Developer - Manchester City Centre
This is a newly created role to join our clients expanding data team. To be successfull you will ensure data warehouse is efficiently built, continually developed and maintained effectively.
Our client is looking for individuals with a passion for creating robust and cutting-edge systems that help our business' and our clients grow their ecommerce presence.
- Designing and developing the end-to-end ETL and Data Modelling solutions
* Collaborate with the Solution delivery team and identify data related backlog items
* Working closely with the feature owners, product owners and wider data team on the delivery of business requirements and backlog
* Ensuring the releases in to production follow the agreed procedure, this may include working closely with DevOps team
* Identify, design and implement internal process improvements by automating manual work and optimising the delivery of data
* Evaluate opportunities to recommend improvements in architecture, data models, tools and processes
* Maintain and support the data integration and replication
* Identify potential performance issues, bottlenecks, and pain points; and recommend solutions
* Liaising with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
Technical skills and experience:
- Mid-Senior Experience
- Data Warehousing or Data Engineering background with knowledge of database design, modelling and best practice- multidimensional design and build
* ETL experience- ideally in high volume data environments - building complex data pipelines to make data available for advanced analytics
* Knowledge of data related regulatory requirements and emerging trends and issues
* Strong analytical skills with the ability to understand complex processes
* Strong knowledge of the MS BI Stack
* Effective communication skills, written and verbal
* Customer service skills
* Planning, organisation and time management skills
* Problem solving skills
* Ability to work under pressure and manage conflicting priorities
* Stakeholder engagement
- Power BI (desirable)
- Essential experience in T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, and Advanced Excel
Client is based in Manchester and offer a very competitive salary package - up to £60k + generous benefit package including 5 weeks holidays + BH, + private pension scheme, training and development and career progression.
If you have an up to date CV and this role is of interest apply now for immediate consideration.