Back End Developer
| Birmingham | Backend | Software Developer | Start-Up | 45k - 70k | Go Programming |
Job Title: Backend Developer
Salary: 45k - 70k
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Central Birmingham
Are you an exceptional developer with a passion for working on the most recent tech?
Are you tired of working on the same outdated technology and want an upgrade?
If you're one of the people who can relate to this then I think you're going to love this opportunity.
This opportunity is like none other, a Birmingham based Start-up Company that is looking to expand its ranks massively to meet its exponential success. You'll be working as part of the development team, which consists of fourteen people currently. All members of the team are expected to think independently, feel comfortable working with new technology, and find their own creative solutions to the problems they face.
In addition the company invests in the training and development of their staff and will offer full paid external training courses and certifications (e.g. Java Certified Developer, Certified Scrum Master)
- Proficiency in either GO, Python V3.x or Java 8+ - experience could be commercial or personal (GitHub)
- Experience working with version control systems
- Ability to write and maintain automated tests (unit testing, integration testing)
- An exuberant passion for tech, working with the latest tools and development practices
- The ability to balance working in a team and independently
- Experience working on cloud platforms
- Dealing with high traffic sites or systems
- Data processing platforms
- Working with different database technologies (ElasticSearch, Memcached, Redis, etc)
- Bigtable, BigQuery, ElasticSearch, Cassandra, Mongo DB
- Agile working methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban
- Exposure to Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Containers
Unfortunately, this company cannot offer visa sponsorship at this time.