Azure DevOps Engineer
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000
UK RESIDENTS ONLY - SPONSORSHIP NOT PROVIDED
Award winning, global-reaching IT organisation with a strong family feel and exceptional growth aspirations as a genuine leader in IT Voice solutions, with offices across both Europe and US.
If you can claim to be an Azure DevOps specialist, with ability to dance around K8 and bash your keyboard to create some Python scripts, and even know what virtualisation is, this role may very well be for you!
- Involved in creating and reviewing technical requirements produced from requirements / stories created by Product team
- Accountable for ensuring code reviews are carried out within the team.
- Involved in assisting support teams in bug fixing of released functionality.
- Developing tooling to supplement product capabilities.
- Developing tooling to supplement development team capabilities.
- Implementing and maintaining CI/CD processes, technologies and tools.
- Troubleshooting deployment incidents if they happen.
- Developing and maintaining technical documentation.
- Work across multiple engineering teams, breaking down silos and identifying common threads, issues and solutions to offer enhanced development practices
- Evangelise DevOps best practice to technical and non-technical teams alike; the DevOps culture does not stop with Engineers and Developers.
- Share your knowledge of Lean/Agile practices and artifacts, encouraging collaboration and communication between individuals and teams
- Help the DevOps team in implementation of tooling and processes to achieve "Elite DevOps"
- Mentor and coach DevOps team members and delivery teams in tooling, technology and practices.
- The desire to work in a faced paced environment.
- Ability to coach junior team members and self-manage.
- Knowledge of software development life-cycles.
- Creative and capable of presenting ideas for systems improvements.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Demonstrated experience applying good DevOps principles
- Experience delivering cloud-based CI/CD solutions
- Experience with Agile/Scrum development
- Good knowledge of API-driven, extensible, loosely coupled systems
- Good knowledge relating to automation, security, stability and scalability in private and public cloud environments.
- More than 5 years Software Engineering experience
Skills & Experience
It is essential that the individual has advanced applicable knowledge and skills in relation to some of the following -
- Build systems - Jenkins, Azure DevOps
- Automation technologies - Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Azure DevOps
- Source control and code management - GitHub, Bitbucket, Azure DevOps
- Public Cloud - Azure, AWS, GCP
- Containers - Docker, Kubernetes
- Automated testing - Selenium, Cucumber
- Operational monitoring - AppDynamics, New Relic, Splunk, ELK, Application Insights
- Application security and Vault technologies - Hashicorp Vault, AWS Certificate Manager, Azure Key Vault
- Scripting language - Python, Bash, Powershell
- Virtualisation technologies - vSphere/VMWare, Hyper-V
- Operating systems - Windows, Linux