We have an opportunity for an Automation Engineer to joining our Global market leading client based in Reading. You will be an effective effective contributor and an integral resource on a highly responsive test automation team. You will need to be fluent with the automation architecture and can easily analyse and plan moderate to complex test mechanisms within it to meet automation deliverables. This individual is expected to identify, plan, design, develop, and maintain projects and processes that can extend the reach of automation with the goal of reducing/redirecting manual testing costs while increasing product quality.
- Participate in the definition of automation test objectives, strategies, processes, standards and metrics and share with other disciplines so they understand how the automation integrates within the tasks of a project.
- Participate in the development of automation project plans, scope, schedule and implementation of test and project level architecture within the automation framework. This will involve communicating both internally and externally with cross functional areas impacted by automation.
- Facilitate the interaction and support of Test Engineers and Developers within projects to understand where automation is most valuable and as part of these interactions share automation skills
- Track and analyse test results, take corrective action, report automation summaries, and update statuses
- Participate and/or lead in the analysis, design, development, and ongoing maintenance of complex automated tests and automation architecture for multiple products aligning with our clients current and future marketplace needs.
- Provide thorough research and discovery for opportunity or improvement within automation, researching and recommending tools and pushing even better practices than may be standard in the industry.
- Carry out such tasks as directed to meet the needs of the business
Skills, know-how and experience:
- Experience and/or knowledge of automated testing tools, alternative technologies within automation, architecture/frameworks, debugging techniques, multiple scripting and development languages and methodologies
- Experience with providing creative solutions to group problems regarding existing architecture, projects, and methodologies
- Ability to create component level designs for automation projects and architecture
- Experience developing automated tests from test specifications
- Experience understanding the necessity of software reliability and quality through automation and consistent automation processes
- Strong knowledge of the product under test preferred
- 2+ years of experience
Technical / professional qualifications:
ISTQB Foundation or equivalent
Key stakeholders communication and engagement:
- Test and Development Teams
- Test and Development Team Leads
- Development Managers and Test Managers
- Customers or Customer representatives e.g. customer services
- Product Owners
- The Test Community