Applications Engineering Graduate Team Manager (Embedded, C++, C)
My clinet in Newbury requrie a Applications Engineering Team Manager (embedded, C++, C)
The Applications Engineering Team Manager has three main responsibilities.
- The first responsibility is to build and develop a highly engaged and effective team of support engineers.
- The second responsibility is to ensure that the team is delivering high quality services to our customers.
- The third responsibility is to drive continuous improvement in the Applications and Systems Engineering organization.
The Applications Engineering Team Manager should be a trusted leader with a customer centric mindset and a passion for people
- Ensure continuous development of the people in your team
- Be responsible for and be actively involved in onboarding new starts within your team
- Perform people management activities such as performance reviews, salary reviews and Talent Management activities
- Cultivate a healthy team environment where new engineers are encouraged to grow, enjoy their work, develop a strong foundation of work disciplines, and adapt seamlessly to a professional work place
- Involvement with recruiting
- May include remote management
Ensure Customer success
- Ensure that support and services are delivered following our quality standards, including resource management and prioritizations
- Work with other team leaders and managers to manage the NER support work across the regional team. Be aware of the support load for individual team members at all times and for the whole team as required
- Work with team members to prepare for customer education activities and events in order to ensure excellent customer experience
- Be an advocate to drive the regionalization of the support teams into one EMEIA AE team
- Work with various stakeholders to identify new opportunities for AEs to contribute to the business and drive customer success.
- Lead or participate in continuous improvement initiatives such as driving standardization and regionalization projects to increase efficiency, improving communication channels, proactive support, or other.
- Minimum Requirements
- Has been managing an engineering team for at least 1 year
- Has 2 years of professional experience,
- Located or willing to move to the UK
- Willing to travel occasionally (10%)
- Hold an Engineering Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience working with Test, Measurement, and Control Solutions products
- One year+ experience selling Test, Measurement, and Control Solutions products/services
- One year+ experience supporting / teaching Test, Measurement, and Control Solutions products/services
- Ability to build trust with a variety of personalities
- Excellent communication skills in 1 on 1 and group settings
- Demonstrated passion for developing people
- A proactive/can do attitude
- Organized and disciplined in organizing and managing work
- Customer centric attitude and mindset
- Ability to lead through influence and build strategic partnerships