3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer
Stoke on Trent
up to £45,000
This organisation have recently moved in brand new state of the art offices, and have gone through some major expansion that has resulted in lots of internal promotions, brand new IT divisions.
We have a strong track record of successful acquisitions of other companies and a much bigger platform to develop their staff with personal development plans, tailored and bespoke to each member of the IT team.
This Client has recently implemented a number of new technologies and teams within their IT department and are looking to bring in another two 3rd Line Infrastructure Engineers for their team as they continue to grow.
Interview process: 1 stage
Benefits: Free parking, Flexible working, Pension, Personal Career Development plans for all staff, and more.
Purpose of role:
- Ensuring the availability, integrity and performance of IT infrastructure
- Pro-actively review the IT infrastructure to identify areas for improvement
- Maintaining documentation of IT infrastructure and associated processes
- Working with IT Support Team to resolve issues
- Design and provision IT solutions to support Group strategy, including supporting documentation
- Assist both Database and Software Development Teams as required
- Adhering to and ensuring the enforcement of all Group policies
- Assist in the review and amendment of Group information security policies
- Create and maintain documentation, including systems configuration, processes, test and project plans
- Timely escalation of issues to IT Operations Manager.
Technical Key Skills:
- Proven experience and understanding of Windows 2003 - 2016 Server core services and Active Directory management (including Group Policy, login scripts and roles)
- Experience of VMWare, including maintenance and provisioning
- Experience of installation and supporting of Microsoft Exchange 2003 - 2016 (O365)
- Excellent working knowledge of core networking services - e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, RDP, SNMP, LDAP, Kerberos
- Networking skills - e.g. switching, routing, VLANs, PoE, WLAN, MPLS
- NAS / SAN storage infrastructures
- Knowledge of Mobile Device Management
- Experience of Automated Monitoring and Alerting
- Knowledge of Avaya telephony systems an advantage.
- Knowledge of UCS is an advantage
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities, multitask and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability in complex technical landscapes
- IT related Degree and/or Microsoft certifications - MSCE, MCITP
- Proven ability to produce high quality deliverables in terms of content and presentation
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
To secure an interview with this innovative company, please submit up to date version of your CV. All suitable candidates will be contacted within 24 hours.