3rd Line Engineer
Location: South Nottingham
Salary: £30,000 to £35,000 (depending on experience)
As an experience 2nd/3rd Line Engineer within the company you will be joining a dynamic and customer focused operational team who are responsible for providing 24/7 care to our global customer base of around 2000 and growing rapidly.
This role will require evening and night shifts on a rota basis however it will give the right applicants a chance to learn and develop in a cutting edge IT company with a global reach servicing some of the worlds largest financial organisations.
Able to demonstrate your technical capability in 2nd and 3rd line engineering support with a strong understanding of network technologies, VOIP/SIP you're clearly a competent trouble shooter, with a strong network and telecoms background with Voice and Data.
Our engineers recognise the significance of owning and resolving issues and you'll share that passion to deliver a first class customer experience.
Proven ability to meet tight deadlines, multi-task, and prioritize workload.
You have a positive outlook and an outgoing nature with the willingness and drive to learn and develop within a rapidly expanding organisation.
- Escalation point for the Service Desk Engineers with agreed timescales for communication and resolution
- During the life cycle of the case the engineer will ensure all SLA's are met through the timely resolution and effective communication
- Using the CRM system to maintain real time accurate reporting of support cases
- Escalation of more challenging cases to support management
- Highlighting areas of risk as soon as they are apparent
- Working with the team to ensure daily case load is well managed
- Communicating effectively with Helpdesk Analysts to ensure they can effectively communicate with the customer
- When required responding to incoming support calls and routing as needed to assigned support engineers and/or creating new cases during the initial customer conversation.
- We are looking for a highly technical support engineer who has experience in:
- MS Operating systems (Server 2003, Server 2012, Windows 7,Windows 8)
- Internet Explorer and Firefox
- PC Software applications install and modification
- Networks and Active Directory, strong understanding of networking technologies (including TCP/IP, DHCP, SIP, RTP, G.711, G.729, H.323, VLAN,QOS, and various WAN technologies)
- Any additional experience in the following would be favourable:-
- VOIP/SIP support
- Troubleshooting and resolving network/telecommunications issues
- Voice and data products including CISCO Routers & Switches, VMware MS Hyper-V technologies
- Technical certifications (MCSE, MCITP, CCNA, AVAYA)
- Previous experience in an organisation that develops and support software to global customers
- At least five years technical support experience within a software / hardware delivery function
- Has customer facing experience, being able to handle the pressure of supporting demanding customers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant technical subject or qualified through equivalent experience
- A good understanding of the telecommunications industry or similar would be an advantage