3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer
Location: Kingston upon Thames / Surbiton (Surrey)
Salary: up to £50,000 (depending on experience)
The 3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer will take ownership for the IT Infrastructure.
The role requires a strong IT Infrastructure background with experience of completing BAU 3rd level support activities in conjunction with project works and deliverables.
To provide resolution to technical issues not achieved as part of the 1st or 2nd line fix capability of the IT Service Desk, which may be remotely executed or carried out onsite locally to the issue.
A high level of technical ability and awareness is required to cover the areas of support provided from this team.
The role supports the IT Service Desk coverage between 8 - 6pm UK Mon-Fri on a shift rota basis
Must be available to interview in person.
- Management of the Mobile, Desktop, Server, WAN, LAN, VPN, Telephony, Print, Security and Storage solutions
- To complete pre-planned systems, security and infrastructure activities as defined in the management system
- Provides maintenance & capacity planning for storage, compute, bandwidth, licensing, security
- Delivers best practice security standards as part of the IT Security standards delivered under ISO 27001 and compliant with GDPR
- Provides 3rd line support for all technologies covered in the above categories
- Works with the Change and Release function to safely and securely deliver updates and enhancements. To ensure that all changes are compliantly documented.
- Works with IT PMO to ensure on time, quality led, costed solutions are delivered and documented
- To provide training for 1st and 2nd Line support staff on all technologies covered in the above categories
- Will support the IT Service Desk by providing a timely/SLA based resolution to escalated tickets and will be accountable for the service or delays on their tickets that impact on the SLA for the department.
- Will support the configuration and consistent deployment of mobile, computing, & software assets, including desktop, mobile and application packaging.
- To evaluate and recommend new technologies to enhance the EMCOR UK IT Infrastructure and systems delivery
- Liaises with external 3rd parties to provide subcontracted services I.e. calling out engineers to faulty equipment
- The role would benefit from a foundation knowledge of ITIL v3 standards for Incident, Problem and Service Request management
- A minimum of 4 years of experience providing IT Infrastructure support
- Industry recognised IT qualifications for Microsoft and VMWare
- SC clearance or above will be required for this job
- A patient, personable and "customer first" manner is essential, and being prepared to go the extra mile in order to complete the task on time, and to high standard.
- Prioritisation and planning is a key feature of this role, and the role requires that the individual should be able to manage their time to provide successful outcomes per the department KPI's and project deliverables
- Attention to detail, strong delivery focus and being self-driven is essential for this role
- Analytical problem-solving skills as well as a natural ability to pick up new technologies quickly and adapt to different environments and systems
- A proactive and "can do" approach and excellent communication skills are key to the successful outcome for the department and this role.
- Ability to technically document solutions
Experience and understanding of the following technologies are essential:
- Microsoft Server (including DFS)
- Microsoft Client Windows Operating systems
- Microsoft Active Directory / Group Policy / Powershell
- Microsoft Deployment Services - WDS / MDT / WSUS
- Networking (Switching / VLANs / QoS / Routing / Firewalls / Enterprise Wireless)
- VMWare / High Availability / SAN
- Enterprise Antivirus
- Managed Backup
- IT Monitoring Solutions
- Enterprise VOIP Telephony
- Hardware (Dell)
- Enterprise MDM
Experience and Understanding of the following technologies is advantageous:
- Security & Incident Event Management Solutions (SIEM)
- Desktop, server, database and mail encryption
- Microsoft ADFS
- Microsoft Office 365
- Disaster Recovery Solutions (to ISO 22301 standards)
- Microsoft Exchange Infrastructure
- Enterprise Internet Web Filtering Solutions