3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer
Location: West Leicestershire
Salary: £35,000 to £40,000 (DOE)
Reporting directly to the Head of Operations, the successful candidate will be carrying out a variety of tasks in support of the technical team who are responsible for delivering IT support and IT services to our clients.
With offices in Surrey and Leicestershire in the Midlands, we are a well?established Managed Service Provider.
Our clients range from large, public sector organisations based around the UK, to SMEs operating across a number of industries. Our company has significant experience of developing and delivering tailored IT and CRM solutions to meet varying business requirements.
Though we operate in a highly competitive industry, we have a high retention levels both of our employees and our clients. This is due to the company's dedication to quality of service and our commitment to technical and personal development of our employees.
The successful candidate's primary role will be to provide IT help and support to our clients, provision of support will include telephone and remote support.
5+ years' prior experience supporting the following:
- Windows Server Environments (2003/2008/2012/2016)
- Exchange Server Environments (2007/2010/2013/2016)
- Active Directory and related Windows Server technologies (Group Policy/RRAS/DHCP/DNS)
- Firewalls and related technologies (WatchGuard essential, Cisco desirable)
- Networking and related technologies (TCP/IP, VPN)
- Office 365/Exchange Online
- Backup software and related principles (Veeam, Backup Exec, Storagecraft, Altaro desirable)
- Virtualisation and Virtualisation Technologies (Hyper-V essential/VMWare desirable)
- Microsoft Office suite applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc)
- Experience of remote desktop/terminal server environments (highly essential)
- Understanding of clustered server environments/SANs/Storage Arrays
- Firewalling and associated technologies (NAT/PAT) (WatchGuard essential, Cisco desirable)
- Experience of supporting and configuring VLANs and/or inter-VLAN routing
- Experience of supporting a Citrix VDI environment
- Office 365/Exchange Migration experience
The successful candidate will also:
- Have excellent communication skills. This job involves contacting clients' personnel including company executives, by email and by phone
- Strong organisational and management skills
- Have excellent written English skills
- Be able to communicate and articulate technical concepts to a non?technical audience
- Be able to work independently and part of a team
- Be willing to travel to customer sites as and when required
- Full UK driving licence and own car
What's on offer?
You will be joining a friendly team of professionals focused on delivering 1st class service and support to clients.
Your job will require you to carry out a variety of different tasks involving different skills, communication, organisation, etc. enabling you to develop your expertise in different areas.
Provided you demonstrate the right level of initiative and enthusiasm, you will be offered training courses to help develop your career in the chosen area.
Driving License essential