I am recruiting for a 3rd Line Application Support Engineer from an Application Development or Infrastructure Engineering background, who is keen to move into a DevOps role.
It's with a Leading European Marketing & Customer Communications company who are moving from an on-premise, hosted architecture to agile cloud-based technologies.
Your role will entail building and supporting these environments. Tasks include base build, deployment, trouble shooting and general support.
You should have;
- At least 3-5 years professional experience working in an Application Support or DevOps role.
- Previous experience as a Developer and or infrastructure engineer, preferably C# .NET/MS SQLServer, T-SQL and or Java/Oracle.
- Capable of applying a pragmatic approach to development undertakings
- Should be a strong technologist with a will and drive to adopt new technologies
You will learn about;
- Cloud Services (Azure/AWS)
- Build Management & Continuous Integration (e.g. DevOps Online, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, GIT, Maven/Jenkins, JIRA, MS Teams)
- Containerisation and Advantage Platforms (Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes)
- Troubleshooting using tools such as Wireshark, fiddler, postman, SoapUI etc)
This is a great opportunity to get training and experience in DevOps as the company modernise their application environments.
Please apply now for a confidential discussion about the role and opportunities.