2nd Line Support / SQL Server / Windows Server / Firewalls / Network Monitoring / Backup Management / Permanent / Guildford / Surrey /
£30K plus on call bonus £3800 per annum
I am working exclusively with a cutting edge automation provider to the financial services industry. Due to growth and a strong pipeline they are looking to hire a 2nd line support professional who has strong working knowledge of SQL Server.
2nd Line Support Specification:
- To provide 2nd line technical support, answering support queries via phone, email and ticket allocation.
- Monitoring the core managed service platform and application layer to identify incidents / problems and resolving proactively.
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles, working to defined SLA's.
- Maintaining and improving Managed Service production servers, applications and networking.
- Ensure uptime and resilience of core Managed Service platform.
- Maintain the integrity of IT security
- Engage with third party hosting provider in regard to any incidents / problems where required.
- Ensure that all IT incidents are recorded, diagnosed, resolved or escalated to the appropriate person or vendor working to keep/ensure service level agreements.
- Provide out of hours Infrastructure and Application support for outage incidents and work to agree a workable patching schedule out of core business hours.
- Any other duties as and when required.
- Strong working knowledge of deploying, configuring, troubleshooting and supporting Microsoft technologies
- A good working knowledge of SQL Server and a good understanding of SQL scripting is essential.
- Windows server (AD, GPO, CA, DNS, DHCP, WSUS, HYPER-V).
- Perfmon - Data collection and analysis.
- Windows system security patching.
- Working knowledge and experience managing networks:
- TCP/IP, HTTPS, DNS, Routers/Firewalls, VLANs, VPN, Reverse Proxy.
- Network monitoring
- Experience in building systems and deploying applications:
- Documentation and effective user handover.
- Working knowledge in IT security:
- Deploying and managing endpoint protection.
- Monitoring and ensuring systems are up to date (WSUS, applications, firmware, drivers, networking).
- Previous experience working within a hosting / managed service organization in a Support capacity.
- Change Management.
- Monitoring and alerting / event management.
- Capacity monitoring.
- Availability monitoring.
- Anti-virus management.
- Backup management.
- DR tests.
If you have the desired skills and experience and would like to learn more about this opportunity then please send me your CV and I will call you to discuss in confidence.