2nd Line Engineer
Salary: up to £32,000
The 2nd Line Engineer will be the main escalation point of contact for customer incidents and requests and will take ownership of tickets and through to resolution, upon receipt from 1st line Engineers.
Co-ordinating, communicating, mentoring and/or escalating to colleagues and third-party suppliers if required and using the ticketing system to record and document all progress, ensuring that customer satisfaction and service level agreements are met.
This role will help you learn and develop in a fast-paced environment, giving exposure to a broad range of technologies and end-users - through to high level stakeholders.
- Provide 2ndline support for all clients, either over the phone utilising remote troubleshooting tools, or face to face interacting directly with customers.
- Support for desktop environments, network equipment, physical/virtual Window servers, remote access and mobility solutions, and telephony and business applications.
- Respond to alerts as required following documented procedures, including testing, and troubleshooting and capture detailed information in the ticket.
- Complete initial diagnosis of tickets and either resolve to the customers satisfaction using documented procedures within agreed timescales or ensure where problems need to be escalated that they are communicated to 3rd line or Head of Support or other managers as appropriate to ensure SLA's are met.
- Comply with the policies, standards and processes of the company and where appropriate its customers, actively promoting outstanding customer support.
- By following and refining standard processes, promote outstanding customer support and IT expertise.
- Communicate with clients in a courteous, efficient, effective and professional manner, keeping them updated and informed at all times.
- Attend customer sites when required as in line with main duties. This might include periods of onsite cover.
- Assist in ensuring that all service agreements, delivery promises and performance standards are met, and client's expectations are managed.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in the IT industry, with any experience in a large corporate environment, or a busy Managed Service Provider.
- Support and hands-on knowledge of;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail. Ability to manage own time and multi-task.
- Proven problem solving abilities. Software and hardware troubleshooting skills
- Ability to prepare, present and share knowledge with colleagues and clients.
- Experience of ConnectWise Automation Platform or similar support system.
- Desktop technologies; Windows, Office suite.
- Wintel technologies; Windows Server, Active Directory, Group Policy, Exchange, SQL, IIS, SharePoint etc.
- Cloud technologies: AWS, Office 365, Azure, inTune, Dropbox
- Datacenter technologies; HP Servers, SAN Storage, VMWare etc.
- Remote access & mobility: VPN, Terminal Services, Citrix, MDM etc.
- Networking Cisco/Juniper WAN/LAN, Routing/Switching, Wi-Fi etc.
- Security technologies: Cisco Firepower AMP
- ITIL Foundation